Wednesday 29 December 2010

Presentation

Hello, my name is Pedro Correia, and I'm starting a blog called Portugal Board Games. I played board games all my life, but only in 2010 i discovered the true depth of boardgames, when I found some websites that provided me vital information of this magnificent world of board games.

Of course, Boardgamegeek was a breakthrough, now I'm a daily visitor.

I live in Portugal, and here unfortunately the only board games you could buy in stores were always the same for the last 20 years, monopoly, risk, pictionary and trivial. Nowadays it's starting to change, it's a growing business.

Before get into boardgames for real, i had about 10\12 games, half of them I bought when I went to Germany on vacations in 2008, when i entered a game shop in Germany i had a glimpse of the world of boardgames, i never imagined that you could actually make a store only about boardgames, I was stunned...
In February 2010 I bought a second handed games from Paulo, a gamer that lives in a town near me, short after I discovered he was the second biggest collector in Portugal and part of the organization of the greatest summit in Portugal, LeiriaCon.
Since then, my collection is in about 40 games, and still growing.

So I'm going to review board games that I own in my collection from my personal view and experience.

Hope you enjoy it and help you to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment