Monday 28 February 2011

Review 1 - Monopoly

Hello, this is my first post, I'll be reviewing my board game collection, and I'll start with the games of my childhood. And of course Monopoly was my first real board game, like so many other people.
So, I'll review it from my point of view and my personal experience with the game, and of course whoever reads this can tell funny experiences with the game also.

So, let's start.....

Review - Monopoly

Designer: Charles Darrow and George S. Parker
Year Published: 1933
NÂș Players: 2-8

Purchasing - like many other people, i never purchase it, i inherit it, my monopoly version is a Portuguese version from the 80's, and Parker Brothers certified that you can buy monopoly all around the world.

Components - like i said already my version is a quite old one, so I'll try to think like I'm in the 80's and i just received the game for Christmas, and guess what... components are great.....for the 80's. If it was today i guess components were OK, but not super, but every thing work well and that's the most important.

Game play - I've play over and over again in the last 20 years and it looks like a great experience every time I play it. It's easy to learn, very interactive and fun. Great family game.

Pictures:



Resumed Rules :
Monopoly is a dice movement game, where you go around the board and try to buy as many real estates as you can, and in order to build houses and hotels to make rent (what other players pay when their pawn moves there) higher, you have to buy all real estates of the same colour to make monopoly.
In the board there are other things, houses where you get special cards, prison, free park,tax houses, water and electric company and train stations.
The game ends when there is only one player left in the game, and all the others went bankrupt.


Evaluation - I give a 9 out of 10. Great game, a classic, and I guess my grand grand children will still be playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment